Join at ieprogressivealliance.com
This video is made mostly for listening! LOL. We'll get better at the video. =)
See below for chat links shared throughout the call.
Facilitated by: Bobbi Jo C., Catalina's List/Progressive Alliance
Orgs on the call:
High Desert Young Dems, Kareema A.
High Desert Young Dems/California Young Dems/Regional Director, Resa B.
InSolidarity.us, Ben K.
AWARE-LA/White People for Black Lives, Christine GM
SB County Young Dems/COPE, Aaron B.
SB County Young Dems/Fontana Democratic Club, Stacey R.
Riverside County Young Dems, Maha R.
San Gorgonio Sierra Club, Bhavin J.
San Gorgonio Sierra Club, Mary Ann R.
Swing Left-Inland Empire, Debra M.
Individuals on the call: Bruce D., John L., Mercedes S.,
Join us for the next call February 27 at 830pm.Read more
"Freedom in action requires a basic income."
In this video former finance minister of Greece, professor of economics, author and founder of the Democracy in Europe Movement 2025 (DiEM25), Yanis Varoufakis, argues why a Basic Income is necessity today. His arguments take into account a macro socio-economic, psychological, philosophical and moral perspective. In addition Varoufakis after the speech addresses a wide range of questions from the public.
NOTICE: The video with Yanis Varoufakis was originally published by the Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute
The Progressive Alliance of the Inland Empire (PAIE) is a loose coalition of organizations - from political to nonprofit to community organizations. As such, the PAIE has no formal endorsement process for elections. However, we are sharing consolidated information from the organizations that do weigh in on local candidates, ballot propositions and measures. Where possible, source links are given. This is a work in progress.
CLICK HERE to view the recommendations and endorsements for various organizations in the Inland Empire. We have also included Republican party/Conservative Group endorsements for reference.
CLICK HERE for a PDF version that is not sortable but can be viewed easier on mobile phone. The Find function (CTL-F) is helpful to look for your city or certain office/measure. (last updated 10/24/2018)Read more
Maya Barron created this comparison chart of different organizations' and political parties' CA ballot props recommendations. Election Day is November 6th and early voting has already begun.
Please note: Updated version (10/10) with 2 changes. LA Times is No on Prop 8 and CLUE is Neutral on Prop 3.
As requested, the source links for the various ballot recs in the chart are listed below:
- ACLU: https://www.aclusocal.org/en/aclu-socal-ballot-guide-2018
- LA Forward: https://www.losangelesforward.org/ballot/
- CLUE & PICO: I received these recs through personal emails and I don't think the orgs have posted voter guides on their websites yet but the links are...
- CLUE: http://www.cluejustice.org/
- PICO: http://www.picocalifornia.org/
- CA Labor Fed: https://calaborfed.org/endorsements/2018-general-election-endorsements/
- CA Teachers Assoc: https://campaign2018cta.org/recommendations/
- Sierra Club: https://www.sierraclub.org/california/2018-endorsements
- League of Women Voters LWV: https://lwvc.org/news/our-voting-recommendations-november-ballot-measures
- California Chamber of Commerce: https://advocacy.calchamber.com/elections/ballot-measures/
- LA Times: http://www.latimes.com/opinion/endorsements/
- Democratic Party: https://cadem.org/propositions
- Repubublican Party: https://www.cagop.org/cagop_voterguide
- Green Party: http://www.cagreens.org/elections/propositions
Also highly recommend these sources for info (not recommendations)
- KPCC Voter Game Plan: http://elections.laist.com/props/
- CALmatters Voter Guide: https://elections.calmatters.org/2018/california-ballot-measures
“You cannot define a person on just one thing. You can’t just forget all these wonderful and good things that a person has done because one thing didn’t come off the way you thought it should come off.” - Aretha Franklin
Hey there! Different organizations from the Progressive Alliance are partnering to collect supplies and donations to help local organization, Al Otro Lado, near the border who are helping folks. What can you do? GOAL: 1st trip to the San Ysidro border crossing is July 4th!
Orgs/groups/individuals on board so far: Alpha Alliance, SB Pride, Catalina's List, Chicano Latino Caucus, San Bernardino County Young Democrats, Julia Peacock for Congress, Inland Empire for Our Revolution... check out their next meetings as drop-off events.
We need a truck. Outreach. People power. Stay tuned for details on drop off locations and volunteers who can pick up supplies.
Supplies Wish List:
- Powdered milk
- Dish soap
- Medium size garbage bags
- Aluminum foil
- Vegetable oil
- Toilet paper
- Men’s pants waist sizes 28 to 34
- Women’s pants small and medium
- Jackets for men and women
- Men’s tennis shoes sizes 8 to 91/2
- Women’s tennis shoes up to size 7
- Women’s flip flops or sandals
- Underwear-for men and women small and medium
- Travel size toiletries:
- Tooth paste
- Tooth brushes
- Body lotion
- Deodorant for men and women
Quote of the day:
Be a nuisance when it counts. Do your part to inform and stimulate the public to join your action. Be depressed, discouraged, & disappointed at failure & the disheartening effects of ignorance, greed, corruption & bad politics — but never give up. - Marjory Stoneman Douglas
text: Quote of the Day, Progressive Alliance of the Inland Empire square logo, with tagline: A coalition for peace and justice. Quote: "A revolution is coming - a revolution which will be peaceful if we are wise enough; compassionate if we care enough; successful if we are fortunate enough - but a revolution which is coming whether we will it or not. We can affects its character; we cannot alter its inevitability." Robert F. Kennedy, Senator
text: Quote of the Day, Progressive Alliance of the Inland Empire square logo, with tagline: A coalition for peace and justice.
Quote: "If they don't give you a seat at the table, bring a folding chair." - Shirley Chisholm, U.S. Representative
Introducing a new feature to inspire the movement. QOTD brought to you Tuesdays-Saturdays. Send suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
June 6, 2018
"There are three critical ingredients to democratic renewal and progressive change in America: good public policy, grassroots organizing and electoral politics." - Paul Wellstone, U.S. Senator
After the dismal turnout (less than 25% statewide) in the California Primary, and only 17% and 19% in Riverside and San Bernardino, respectively; few progressive gains in our electoral politics; and a huge November on the horizon; it is clear our grassroots organizing game needs to move into overdrive. How will we do that? What are you willing to bring to the table? Who are you willing to work with?