Bobbi Jo Chavarria published Democratic Women of the Desert: Primary Candidate Forum in BLOG San Bernardino County for Bernie 2016-04-11 17:27:04 -0700
The Democratic Women of the Desert held a candidate forum with local volunteers serving as "surrogates" for the two presidential campaigns on Sunday, April 10th in Cathedral City.
The volunteers for the other candidate were friendly, the audience was awesomely thoughtful, the moderator Ellie K was on top of it, and Alex, Larry Alger and Debbie, came out from Fontana to support!
My partner in the revolution, Lorraine Salas, came prepared, and nailed it throughout with the local issues, including the MOST important issue on climate change and highlighting the most evident difference with a great example. Remember during one debate that question on fracking and the convoluted, qualified, with conditions, exceptions, hypothetical for instance, answer on fracking? Lorraine perfectly pointed out Bernie's one word response that we, who care about the planet, climate change, environment, water, air, need to hear - no.Read more
Bobbi Jo Chavarria published Make History | Bernie Sanders in BLOG San Bernardino County for Bernie 2016-04-11 12:53:00 -0700
Via Connect with Bernie:
We just released a brand new ad online titled "Make History," featuring footage shot by the people powering this movement: YOU. This is a very large, very powerful tip of the hat to each and every one of you. Without your tireless devotion and passionate work, none of this would be possible, and with your help, we're going to continue to #MakeHistory all the way to the White House.
Please watch and share the video on social media by using the buttons below, and use the hashtag #MakeHistory. If you're old-fashioned, we have it up on YouTube as well.
Don't ever stop fighting.
Let's go out and make some history.Published on Apr 9, 2016
We've always been the underdogs, we've come a very long way and we have absolutely no intention of letting up. But make no mistake about it: this is YOUR movement. So here is a brand new ad titled "Make History," featuring footage shot by the people powering this movement: YOU.
★ Join the political revolution at www.berniesanders.com
★ Connect with Bernie:
Facebook → https://www.facebook.com/berniesanders/
Twitter → https://twitter.com/berniesanders
Instagram → https://www.instagram.com/berniesanders/
Tumblr → http://berniesanders.tumblr.com/
Snapchat → bernie.sanders
Bobbi Jo Chavarria published What's the Score? in BLOG San Bernardino County for Bernie 2016-04-11 01:18:00 -0700
Bobbi Jo Chavarria commented on Mission: Voter Registration 2016-04-07 12:51:33 -0700Why vote by mail? See this.
Is CA feeling the revolution? 600k updates to voter registration so far.
Bobbi Jo Chavarria posted about Starting today, the map now shifts dramatically in our favor! on Facebook 2016-03-16 13:28:50 -0700Starting today, the map now shifts dramatically in our favor!
"What you will not hear from the political and media establishment is that, based on the primary and caucus schedule for the rest of the race, this is the high water mark for the Clinton campaign. Starting today, the map now shifts dramatically in our favor." - Bernie email today
Last night we had a great team at Bud's Pizza calling Idaho, Arizona, and Alaska. Over 200 contacts, 20+ IDs.
Great help that made it happen! from Mark and James! A couple of newbies, including Brandy (who added phonebanking to her voter registration tabling skills) and some rock star old-timers including Maurice from Redlands and Andy from Fontana! Thank you Leslie, Gilda and Roger for buying some pizza and drinks for the team! #peoplepower#politicalrevolution
Bobbi Jo Chavarria published March 12 - Newsletter in BLOG San Bernardino County for Bernie 2016-03-12 08:18:02 -0800
The good news in the campaign with this week's win in Michigan is that the work at phone banks and on the ground talking to voters is working, turning voters out, and getting them to vote for Bernie!
What we are doing here locally is making a difference! In just a few weeks, with the early primary states past us, the campaign will begin concentrating on WINNING CALIFORNIA. Some of our organizing volunteers are already taking the lead in scheduling regular weekly phone banks, getting trained and helping out those other states until the focus is here in our own backyard. And we need more! Plus, just this past week Chaffey student volunteers (Brandy, George, Ruby, and more) along with some help from rock stars like June and Cory registered almost 100 voters in 3 days! And students at Cal State San Bernardino registered nearly 50 in just two days!
MORE GOOD NEWS
We have a small headquarters borrowed from the Democratic Luncheon Club of San Bernardino at the Carousel Mall. James Albert has done a phenomenal job in getting the logistics handled with phone banks scheduled from 9am-9pm everyday at map.berniesanders.com and a WIFI hotspot on loan from Cory Wisnia who has donated its use for March. The campaign office will be staffed with volunteer phone bank captains and we need help to cover these shifts, so please let us know if you are available on a regular or once-in-a-while basis to fill in. We will be organizing from a shared Google Calendar so look for more news on that coming soon!
The listing of upcoming events scheduled is growing and now includes as many Riverside County events as we can find as well! Join in where you can, be sure to RSVP and volunteer to help organize (event hosts can always use some helping hands!). This weekend has some FUN stuff planned including a FLASH MOB - BERN BABY BERN, DISCO INBERNO event at the Ontario Mills on Sunday. Practice on your own (or join in at a rehearsal today in Fontana) and join in for a final rehearsal before the BIG event!
Also, quick reminder -- if you want to be a BERNIE DELEGATE at the Democratic National Convention, see below for information links on how to apply. We need delegates from every congressional district in the IE to be there!
Big thanks to local attorney, Ruben Salazar who opened up his beautiful offices to our Debate Watch Party! Ruben is also coordinating with other volunteers to hold weekly phone banks at his office as well! His 8-9 workstations are a great option for those who don't have unlimited cell minutes or a laptop! Stay tuned for those events as they pop up at map.berniesanders.com
Bobbi Jo Chavarria published Official Campaign Flyers for Printing in BLOG San Bernardino County for Bernie 2016-03-06 03:57:44 -0800
Bobbi Jo Chavarria commented on Political Revolution in the IE! Barnstorm for Bernie! 2016-01-15 01:47:14 -0800Thanks Larry for your hard work to put this together! Here’s Ceci Hall sharing the ways to win the revolution.
Bobbi Jo Chavarria posted about How to start a movement - beginning with the Lone Nut on Facebook 2015-11-08 22:45:58 -0800How to start a movement - beginning with the Lone Nut
Progressive Activist and Community Organizer
Bobbi Jo Chavarria has been involved in human rights and peace activism since joining the campaign for a U.S. Department of Peacebuilding in 2006. That decision has changed the direction of her professional career. Retiring from a long-time career in direct sales and management, Bobbi Jo turned her focus to global issues of peace, conflict-resolution and nonviolence.
It was the inspiration of five cousins, a nephew, and a family friend serving in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars that prompted her to begin to serve her country and community with as much dedication and commitment as they were demonstrating in their service. And it was the birth of her first son that brought her focus to her neighborhood and city.
- Established the Inland Empire Do Peace and Nonviolence Alliance (iedopna.blogspot.com)
- Worked with California Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN)
- Helped guide the formation of three local neighborhood chapters of community residents to address concerns and issues such as street safety, crime prevention, improved education, and increased youth activities
- Worked with homeowners throughout the Inland Empire to address the foreclosure crisis, sub-prime, and often predatory lending practices
- Hosted two large foreclosure prevention workshops assisting over 300 families
- Participated in workshops hosted by local legislators
- Held weekly intake sessions providing assistance to homeowners in completing paperwork to begin working with nonprofit loan counselors
Her organizational involvement includes the following:
- Inland Empire Board Member, California Women's March
- Interim Director, Inland Empire Women's March
- Elected delegate, San Bernardino County Democratic Party (2016-2020)
- SB County Delegate, California Democratic Party
- Co-Founder, Catalina's List
- Vice Chair, Sierra Club, San Gorgonio Chapter
- Member, AD 47 Environmental Justice Advisory Committee
- Member, AD 47 Social Justice Advisory Committee
- Founder, Inland Empire DoPeace and Nonviolence Alliance (IEDOPNA)
- The Peace Alliance, National Campaign - Regional Action Team Leader
- GROW Fontana (Grassroots Rising and Organizing to Win)
- Inland Coalition for Immigrant Justice
- Inland Empire Democratic Socialists of America (IE DSA), Organizing Committee
- Founder and Organizing Team Member, Progressive Alliance of the Inland Empire
- Co-founder and grassroots leader, Inland Empire for Bernie and San Bernardino County for Bernie NOW Inland Empire for Our Revolution
- National Delegate 2016 to Democratic Convention
She also supports:
- Reform Immigration for America
- Veterans for Peace
- Citizens Action for Peace
- Inland Communities Fellowship of Reconciliation (IC FOR)
- Equality Inland Empire
- Sierra Club National
- American Civil Liberties Union
- Planned Parenthood
- Women's Action for New Directions
- Human Rights Campaign
- Amnesty International
- Progressive Christians United
- Soka Gakai International - USA
- California One Care
- Health Care for America Now
- Democracy for America
- Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment (ACCE)
Both graduates of Fontana High School, she and her husband, Gil, have been homeowners in Fontana since December 1993, and have two sons, born in 2008 and 2012, and a cat.