To create and practice the culture of a beloved community in the Inland Empire and beyond.
- Try on other people's perspectives and approaches
- Practice self-focus and self-care. Notice when defensiveness and denial arise.
- Practice both/and instead of either/or thinking.
- Expect and accept non-closure.
- Be aware of and accountable for impact .
- Prioritize equity and inclusion.
- Be here now.
- Use your energy to listen to what is said before thinking about how to respond.
- Utilize Progressive Stack with chat option.
- Speak from your own experience by using, "I" statements. Ask questions to understand the sources of disagreements.
- Make space: Share speaking time and try to speak after others who have not spoken.
- Confidentiality is key. Trust is built when we share the message, not the messenger.
Do you like this post?