Do you #FeelTheBern? Let's turn it into action! Bernie Sanders needs us now!!! HOORAY to the 30+ UCR students who will be participating!
Now, more than ever, every person matters in this election. The contest in the Nevada caucus is CRITICAL to the mission of getting Bernie Sanders elected. One poll says that 11% of those polled are undecided. Let's help those 11% get informed, make sure those that already support know where/when/how to caucus, and show the nation that Bernie is the candidate America needs.
That's why we're heading one last time to Vegas to help Nevada for Bernie Sanders canvass.
RESERVATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
The weekend of February 13-14 is the last weekend before Nevada's caucus on February 20th. Bernie needs foot soldiers on the ground in Nevada, so let's join together to show Bernie some love and support by heading out to NV one last time. Together we can work to make Nevada Feel The Bern!!
PLUS, we have received news from the campaign that Senator Sanders is in NEVADA all weekend and there's a possibility of a rally/meeting with canvassers/volunteers!
Please make sure our email responses are not going into your spam/junk mail ---- firstname.lastname@example.org
****** ATTENTION ********
ITINERARY: (Note: The BernieSanders.com EVENT PAGE has the itinerary for Los Angeles departures)
Park & Ride
(Between Pedley & Pyrite)
PLEASE note: This is NOT the one at Country Village Rd, this is further east (See map below)
(See map below)
We aim to arrive back to Inland Empire at first stop at PARK & RIDE 9-10pm.
A more specific return time will be determined depending on traffic after departure.
Lodging is being coordinated with the Bernie Sanders’ Nevada Campaign HQ with local Las Vegas supporters who have opened up their homes to allow canvassers to rest overnight. Shuttles will be available for local transport between any necessary meeting points. Further itinerary will be directed by the local branch upon arrival.
Please specify any special circumstances, including service animals. Please know that we will do our best, but service animals may be difficult to accommodate.
If for any reason you prefer not to sleep in a volunteer’s home, discount hotel accommodations may be available. Best rates can be secured if booked early.
WHAT TO BRING:
None of the following items are required. However, they will make your canvassing experience more smooth, comfortable and safe.
- Your cell phone, charger and external USB battery packs (power will be scarce resource while canvassing). Your smart phone will be most important tool while canvassing. As indicated above, if you have a smart phone you will use this for canvassing.
- Layers! Wear clothing that’s easy to remove and/or put back on to account for changes in temperature.
- If you’re in free lodging, bring an air mattress, cot, or sleeping bag and pad. Also, consider bringing your own towel and sheets to impose less on your hosts. With the large number of volunteers heading to Vegas this weekend, some HOTEL arrangements are being made. Please bring these items just in case.
- Water bottle
- A few snacks for the road and while canvassing (dried dates in a baggie, energy bars, etc.) Every effort will be made to provide meals at the campaign office. Please be sure to bring your favorite snacks so you're assured something you enjoy.
- Chapstick or lip balm and a moisturizer for skin.
- Umbrella, for drizzle. Just in case.
- A bag for carrying your stuff while walking. A simple small backpack, shallow, open-top canvas/tote/plastic ziploc-type bag will do.
- Your Bernie T-Shirt(s) if you have them, your Bernie buttons, and other Bernie swag!
All campaign materials, such as pamphlets or information cards, will be provided by the local campaign headquarters. They will serve as a meeting point for much of our trip.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.