COVID-19 (Coronavirus) First Post, March 10th
As some of you may know, I am a huge supporter of Bernie Sanders. This Primary season, I was hired to work on the 2020 campaign here in what we called Region 5. That included the Inland Empire (Riverside and San Bernardino County) and all of Orange County, and some parts of Inyo. (There may be more, but I can never remember the other counties because our area is so yuuuuuge!)
The following information on COVID-19 was shared in a SLACK channel with the campaign, which makes me trust it. Please read below more for some very simple, but incredibly informative information about what is known so far about the Coronavirus and what is certain to become (or already is) a pandemic with very deadly consequences. Please feel free to share with folks this site whenever questions come up about whether or not to take this all seriously.
University of California, San Francisco BioHub Panel on COVID-19, March 10, 2020
Notes taken by Ed Jameson, CPA, Managing Member of Jameson & Company, specializes in Accounting for Government Grants and Contracts
Original posting can be found at his blog.
Joe DeRisi: UCSF’s top infectious disease researcher.
- Co-president of ChanZuckerberg BioHub (a JV involving UCSF/Berkeley/Stanford)
- Co-inventor of the chip used in SARS epidemic.
- Emily Crawford: COVID task force director. Focused on diagnostics
- Cristina Tato: Rapid Response Director. Immunologist.
- Patrick Ayescue: Leading outbreak response and surveillance. Epidemiologist.
- Chaz Langelier: UCSF Infectious Disease Doctor