To create and practice the culture of a beloved community in the Inland Empire and beyond. We present the following agreements & practices for acknowledgement and use in our work together - in person, online, and in both individual and group activities.
- A work in progress
- Gathered from different sources
- Overarching theme is community
- Available for download at the website
- Feedback is encouraged
- Try on other people's perspectives and approaches
- Practice self-focus and self-care. Notice when defensiveness and denial arise.
- Practice both/and instead of either/or thinking
- Expect and accept non-closure
- Be aware of and accountable for impact
- Use your energy to listen to what is said before thinking about how to respond.
- Speak from your own experience by using, "I" statements. Ask questions to understand the sources of disagreements.
- Make space: Share speaking time and try to speak after others who have not spoken.
- Confidentiality is key. Trust is built when we share the message, not the messenger.